When it comes to today’s world of information overload and living online, we cannot get enough screens to satisfy our demands. Teslas offer a wide variety of options that are available on the large Tesla onboard screens. But this also doesn’t seem to be enough. We want our phone screens close to us as well!
Luckily I have many quality options to choose from. Check out my list of the best Tesla Phone Mounts I have compiled for you (so you don’t have to).
- Best Overall Tesla Phone Mount: Topfit Car Cellphone Mount for Tesla Model 3 Model Y
- Best for New (April 2021-present) Teslas: TEMAI Tesla 2021-2022 Model 3/Y Gravity Phone Mount
- Best for Model 3 and Y From Before 2022: KIKIMO 2017- 2021 Tesla Model 3 Model Y Phone Holder
- Best for Wireless Charging: Tesla Model 3 Model Y Silicone Phone Mount Glasses Holder
- Best Adjustable Tesla Phone Mount: MINDSKY Magnetic Phone Mount Compatible
- Best for Landscape Orientation: S3XYWORLD Tesla Model 3 Y One Tap Design Cell Phone Mount Holder
- Avoid: Ricawa Tesla Phone Holder for Model 3/Y
- Tesla Phone Mount Comparison Table
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where Should My Tesla Phone Mount Go?
- Which Phone Mounts Fall off Easiest?
- What Is a Tesla Phone Mount, and Why Do I Need One?
- Are All Tesla Phone Mounts Compatible With Every Tesla Model?
- How Do I Install a Tesla Phone Mount in My Car?
- Do Tesla Phone Mounts Obstruct My View While Driving?
- Can I Use Tesla Phone Mounts for Wireless Charging?
- Are There Any Legal Restrictions on Mounting a Phone in a Tesla?
- Can I Use These Mounts With Phone Cases or Covers?
- Solutions If My Tesla Phone Mount Loses Grip During a Bumpy Ride
- Are There Any Additional Accessories I Should Consider for My Tesla Phone Mount?
The list below gives mainly options for the best Model 3 phone mount and best Model Y phone mount. Make sure to check the compatibility of your specific Tesla with a phone mount before investing in one.
Best Overall Tesla Phone Mount: Topfit Car Cellphone Mount for Tesla Model 3 Model Y
The Topfit Car Cellphone Mount for Tesla is the best overall Tesla phone mount. I like this mount for a Tesla since it is easy to use and install. It also has a secure hold, unlike most other phone mounts.
It goes on your Tesla’s screen, giving you plenty of clearance for your steering wheel. It also has two clips for each side of your Tesla screen.
It features a rubbery silicone feel for the perfect amount of grab. The material also doesn’t make a noise, so you won’t have to worry about your phone clanging every time you go over a pothole.
The best part of this phone mount is that it will fit almost all smartphones. You just need a screen between 5.5 and 7 inches (13.97 to 17.78 cm), and luckily, all the most popular phone models fit within this range.
The pros of this product are the reason why it’s the best phone holder for Tesla.
- Material: The rubber silica gel protects your phone from damage while keeping it in place. The soft material is also noiseless and offers a firm grip, so your phone won’t fall out.
- Storage box: This mount includes a handy storage container attached to the mount’s arm. This small box is ideal for snacks, phone charging cables, and other accessories.
- Compatibility: The phone mount is for all Model 3 Teslas made between 2018 and 2020, and it works for all model Ys. It may still fit if you have a different Tesla, but you must measure your dash space to ensure that the dimensions are correct.*
- It might block your speedometer reading. The speedometer location changed on the Tesla screen with the most recent firmware update. Because of the location change, you may have to move your phone to the right of the screen to see your speed easily.
*So while it’s the best model 3 phone mount for older models, double check before purchasing it if you have a newer model.
Best for New (April 2021-present) Teslas: TEMAI Tesla 2021-2022 Model 3/Y Gravity Phone Mount
The TEMAI Gravity Phone Mount is for the new Teslas with the Refresh Air Vent. Tesla rolled out these air vents in April 2021, so you need a car released in April 2021 or later for this phone mount to be compatible with your vehicle.
The holder’s design looks sleek, which goes perfectly with a Tesla. It will also keep your phone safe without being too bulky or looking out of place. So this would be the best Tesla Model 3 phone mount if you have a newer version of the Model 3.
CFairTech reviews the TEMAI Tesla phone mount in this Youtube video:
- Holds big and small phones: The TEMAI phone mount can hold a phone with a screen size of up to 6.9 inches (17.5 centimeters), which covers nearly every phone made today, even with a case or cover on.
- Keeps line of sight clear: The mount keeps your phone where you can see it without blocking your line of sight. So, you’ll still get a clear, uninterrupted view of your windshield and rear-view mirrors while keeping your phone just a glance away.
- Reclines: You can adjust the phone mount to be completely vertical or tilt it depending on what is most comfortable.
- Need a Tesla from April 2021 or newer: Unfortunately, you need a new Tesla to use this phone mount. Otherwise, it will not fit on your air vent.
- Locks in place automatically: If you need to grab your phone from the mount when driving, it does not come out quickly since it automatically locks your phone in place.
Best for Model 3 and Y From Before 2022: KIKIMO 2017- 2021 Tesla Model 3 Model Y Phone Holder
You should try the KIKIMO 2017- 2021 Tesla Model 3 Model Y Phone Holder if you have an older Tesla. This phone mount attaches to your Tesla generation 2 dashboard, and it will not work on Teslas made after 2022. Additionally, this mount will only fit the Model 3 and the Model Y.
This mount has a very sleek, low-profile design that looks like it’s a native part of your Tesla. In my opinion, it’s the most aesthetically pleasing phone mount I’ve seen.
The grips on this phone holder are silicone, so your phone will not move around once you put it on the mount.
This mount includes a convenient hole in the bottom for easy charging. All you have to do is stick the cable through the hole, and you won’t have to take your phone out to charge it up!
Tesla made more than 930,400 electric vehicles in 2020, increasing more than 82% from 2019. Tesla is quickly taking over the automotive industry, and we can only expect to see more great things from them.
Pros Of The KIKIMO Phone Holder
- Doesn’t block airflow: The phone mount sits on the dashboard, but it will not affect the airflow from your vents, thanks to the air conditioning outlet.
- Sleek design: The phone mount looks good in your Tesla since it has the same look and style as Teslas.
- 360-degree rotation: You can rotate the phone mount in any direction, so no matter how you are sitting, you or your passenger can see the phone without removing it from the mount.
Cons Of The KIKIMO Phone Holder
- Doesn’t work in new Teslas: 2022 Model 3 and Model Y Teslas have different dashboard styles than the older generations, so it’s not compatible with these Teslas.
- Some assembly required: The phone mount comes in a few separate parts, so you need to put them together before using it. There are four pieces which are all included.
Best for Wireless Charging: Tesla Model 3 Model Y Silicone Phone Mount Glasses Holder
Another great phone mount is the Tesla Model 3 Model Y Silicone Phone Mount Glasses Holder.
The highlight of this Tesla phone mount is that it has a wireless charging feature. All you have to do is set your phone on the mount, and it will charge as long as the phone comes with a wireless charging option.
This phone mount is silicone, which holds your phone in place without making any noise when you move. It will stay in place and continue to charge no matter how far you drive.
There’s also a version of the phone mount that does not have a wireless charging feature if you want something cheaper and do not need this feature.
- Wireless charging: Cord-free charging makes it easy to keep your phone charged on drives without needing extra accessories or space in your Tesla.
- Back pocket: the pocket on the back of this phone charger lets you store your wallet, glasses, coins, and more in one convenient place.
- Fixed-size: The phone mount should hold phones anywhere from five and a half to seven inches (13.97 to 17.78 cm), but many users had trouble fitting their phone in the mount without it moving around or falling out.
Best Adjustable Tesla Phone Mount: MINDSKY Magnetic Phone Mount Compatible
If you want a phone mount with a lot of flexibility, try the MINDSKY Magnetic Phone Mount Compatible with Mag-Safe. You can change the angle and distance of the mount without removing your phone.
The phone mount is great if you want something adjustable where you can move the phone’s angle depending on how you want to view it. In addition, you can adjust the distance of the phone mount to make it closer or farther away from the dashboard.
- Works with Mag-Safe phone cases: If you have a mag-safe phone case, you do not have to use a magnet on the back of your phone to connect it to the mount since your phone case already has the magnet in it.
- Doesn’t block air vents or view: The position of this phone mount will not block your view of the road or the airflow coming from the vents.
- Fits all Tesla models: Many phone mounts only fit certain models or years of Teslas, but this phone mount will fit any car.
- Weak hold when extended: Your phone may not be as secure if you have the arm of the phone mount extended and you are going over bumpy roads.
- Cannot go on the bottom of the Tesla screen: You’re limited in placing the phone mount since its arm’s length is only so far. It will not work well under the screen, so you’ll have to put it on the side.
Best for Landscape Orientation: S3XYWORLD Tesla Model 3 Y One Tap Design Cell Phone Mount Holder
The final Tesla phone mount is the S3XYWORLD Tesla Model 3 Y One Tap Design Cell Phone Mount Phone Holder. This phone mount is the best if you want to have your phone in landscape mode when you mount it.
The phone mount sits behind the steering wheel, and you just need to place a magnet on the back of your phone to connect it to the mount. The phone mount and magnet are strong, so you do not have to worry about them coming off even on the bumpiest roads.
You can use this phone mount with any smartphone size as long as you can place the mounting magnet on the back.
- Easy to see the phone: Since it is right behind the steering wheel, it is easy to safely see your screen without taking your eyes off the road (remember to be cautious while driving though!)
- Compatible with most Teslas: The phone mount works with all Model 3 and Model Y Teslas regardless of their years.
- Magnet included: The magnet you need to mount the phone to the car comes with the phone mount.
- No portrait orientation: Unfortunately, this phone mount only works if you want to have your phone in landscape mode, and there’s no option to change it to portrait mode.
- Magnet required: You have to put a magnet on the back of your phone to use this mount, which can be difficult if you have a big phone case or you don’t like the look of a magnet on your phone.
Did you Know?
Only 15 states allow you to mount your phone on your windshield. The others have restrictions or ban it altogether. These legal requirements, which vary from state to state, are why so many phone mounts come with arms that attach your phone to the air vent or dashboard.
There are many good Tesla phone mounts out there, but there’s also one you should avoid: the Ricawa Tesla Phone Holder for Model 3/Y.
The Ricawa Tesla Phone Holder is the cheapest one in this article, but cheaper isn’t always better.
To use the phone mount, you need to stick a magnet on your phone or tablet, which is how the phone mount holds it. The magnets aren’t very strong, so your phone can easily fall, especially when driving on bumpy roads.
Also, adding a magnet may not be practical depending on the phone you have and whether or not you have a case, cardholder, or other items on the back of your phone.
The Tesla Model 3 is the world’s best-selling plug-in electric vehicle in 2020 and 2021, and it is also anticipated to be the best-selling EV of 2022.
Tesla Phone Mount Comparison Table
|Phone Mount||Best For||What Are The Benefits?|
|Topfit Car Cellphone Mount for Tesla Model 3 Model Y||Best Overall Tesla Phone Mount||Holds a majority of smartphones and will not cause a lot of noise or damage to your phone.|
|TEMAI Tesla 2021-2022 Model 3/Y Gravity Phone Mount||Best for New (April 2021-present) Teslas||Fits the new air vents in Teslas built from April 2021 and beyond.|
|KIKIMO 2017- 2021 Tesla Model 3 Model Y Phone Holder||Best for Old (before 2022) Teslas||It will fit your Tesla built before 2022 on the left side of your dashboard.|
|Tesla Model 3 Model Y Silicone Phone Mount Glasses Holder with Wireless Charging||Best for Wireless Charging||Your smartphone will charge wirelessly whenever it’s on the phone mount, so you do not have to worry about leaving your car with an uncharged phone.|
|MINDSKY Magnetic Phone Mount Compatible with Mag-Safe for Tesla Model 3 / Y / S / X||Best Adjustable Tesla Phone Mount||You can extend the phone mount arm to have your phone closer to you or adjust the phone’s angle.|
|S3XYWORLD Tesla Model 3 Y One Tap Design Cell Phone Mount Phone Holder||Best for Landscape Orientation||The mount holds your phone in landscape mode right above your steering wheel.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Should My Tesla Phone Mount Go?
Which Phone Mounts Fall off Easiest?
What Is a Tesla Phone Mount, and Why Do I Need One?
A Tesla phone mount is a practical accessory designed to securely hold your smartphone inside your Tesla vehicle. It’s an indispensable tool for enhancing both safety and convenience during your drives.
With a phone mount, you can access essential apps, such as navigation, music, and communication tools, without the need to take your hands off the steering wheel or divert your attention from the road. This accessory is essential for a seamless and distraction-free driving experience.
Are All Tesla Phone Mounts Compatible With Every Tesla Model?
Not all Tesla phone mounts are universally compatible with every Tesla model. The compatibility of these mounts can vary significantly. Some are specifically designed to fit particular Tesla models or model years, while others offer a more versatile fit.
To ensure that you select the right phone mount for your Tesla, it’s crucial to carefully review the product details and specifications to confirm its compatibility with your specific car model.
This blog post provides a selection of phone mount options tailored to various Tesla models to help you make an informed choice.
How Do I Install a Tesla Phone Mount in My Car?
The installation process for a Tesla phone mount can vary depending on the type and design of the mount you choose. However, most phone mounts are engineered to be user-friendly and easy to install.
Typically, these mounts come with detailed installation instructions that guide you through the setup process step by step. Installation may involve securely attaching the mount to the dashboard, air vents, or another suitable surface within your Tesla vehicle.
For precise installation guidance, always refer to the provided instructions that come with your chosen phone mount.
Do Tesla Phone Mounts Obstruct My View While Driving?
The positioning of Tesla phone mounts is carefully designed to minimize obstruction to your view while driving. These mounts are strategically placed to ensure they do not impede your line of sight or create visual distractions.
However, it’s essential for users to follow proper installation instructions and ensure that the mount is placed correctly within the vehicle. By doing so, you can maintain an unobstructed view of the road, enhancing safety and comfort during your drives.
Can I Use Tesla Phone Mounts for Wireless Charging?
Certain Tesla phone mounts are equipped with wireless charging capabilities, as highlighted in the blog post. These innovative mounts provide the added convenience of wirelessly charging your smartphone without the need for additional cables or accessories.
This feature ensures that your phone remains charged throughout your journey, eliminating the hassle of dealing with tangled cords or low battery levels.
Are There Any Legal Restrictions on Mounting a Phone in a Tesla?
The regulations governing the use of phone mounts in Tesla vehicles can vary depending on your location. It’s essential to be aware of and adhere to local laws and regulations regarding phone mounts while driving.
In some areas, there may be restrictions on mounting devices on the windshield, so it’s crucial to select a phone mount that complies with the legal requirements of your region. Prioritize safety and legal compliance when choosing and installing a phone mount in your Tesla.
Can I Use These Mounts With Phone Cases or Covers?
Most Tesla phone mounts are designed to accommodate smartphones with cases or covers. However, it’s advisable to review the product specifications of your chosen mount to ensure that it is compatible with the thickness and design of your phone case.
While many mounts can securely hold phones with cases, some may work more effectively with thinner cases or specific case types. Checking compatibility ensures that your phone remains secure and stable within the mount during your drives.
Solutions If My Tesla Phone Mount Loses Grip During a Bumpy Ride
If your phone mount does not maintain a secure grip on your phone during bumpy rides, there are several steps you can take to address the issue. Firstly, ensure that the phone mount is correctly and securely installed in your Tesla vehicle. Verify that both the mounting surface and your phone’s surface are clean, as dirt or residue can affect grip. If the problem persists, consider upgrading to a more robust phone mount designed for enhanced stability, especially during rough road conditions.
Prioritizing the secure attachment of your phone is essential for a safe and comfortable driving experience.
Are There Any Additional Accessories I Should Consider for My Tesla Phone Mount?
Depending on your specific needs and preferences, you may want to explore additional accessories to complement your Tesla phone mount setup. Some helpful accessories to consider include cable organizers to keep charging cables tidy, phone holders with built-in storage compartments for convenience, and screen protectors to safeguard your phone’s display. These accessories can enhance the functionality and convenience of your phone mount, creating a more tailored and efficient driving experience within your Tesla vehicle.
Check out these 20 great gift ideas for yourself or a Tesla fanboy.
Contact Us if you have any questions or queries.